Our business clients range from large privately held businesses to start-ups. The firm serves clients across a wide range of industries including financial services, manufacturing, health care and consulting. We would be pleased to provide client references upon request. Below is a list of certain representative matters in each of the firm’s practice areas.
Business Entity Formation
- Representation of various companies across many industries in their formation and organizational documents; and
- Representation of several private equity and hedge fund clients in their fund formation.
Mergers And Acquisitions
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of $1,400,000 medical imaging company;
- Representation of board of directors and officers in asset sale of $2,000,000 privately held corporation;
- Representation of a venture capital group in a complex asset acquisition of a national educational software brand; and
- Representation of a publicly held aggregates company in $10,000,000 acquisition of three affiliated mining companies.
Private Placements Of Securities
- Representation of a restaurant equipment manufacturer in $1,000,000 private placement of common stock under Regulation D;
- Representation of a credit reporting start-up in successful $4,000,000 private placement under Regulation D for initial (non-founder) funding;
- Representation of an issuer in a successful placement of $400,000 of preferred equity to an individual investor;
- Representation of an issuer in a successful placement of common equity for working capital to small investor group; and
- Representation of an issuer in a successful placement of $200,000 of equity to an individual investor.
Workouts and Restructuring
- Representation of an issuer in a recapitalization of approximately $1,000,000 of convertible notes; and
- Representation of a debtor corporation in an approximately $1,000,000 loan divestiture from a regional bank to the debtor’s private equity holding company.
Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Representation of a boutique M&A advisory business in a buy-out and severance of a partner;
- Representation of numerous employers and buyers in drafting enforceable non-compete and employment agreements; and
- Representation of several manufacturers in supply and distribution agreements across several industries (brewing, gaming, plastics).
Estate Planning and Administration
- Representation of individuals in the preparation of their estate plan and the implementation of gifting strategies, life insurance trusts and various other structures; and
- Representation of executors and other fiduciaries, including out-of-state fiduciaries, as local counsel.
An exceptional attorney…
and is well respected by his clients. He is also very easy to work with.