In connection with the firm’s business practice, he routinely counsels clients in the following representative matters:
- choice of business entity and entity forrnation,
- federal and state securities regulation,
- mergers and acquisitions,
- workouts and restructuring of commercial transactions,
- joint ventures. and
- drafting and negotiating all manner of agreements.
awards & recognition
- Georgia Trend, Legal Elite, 2013 – 2019 Corporate Law, Business Law
- Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, Good Apple Honoree, 2017
- Georgia Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2013, 2014, 2015
State Bar of Georgia
- Chairperson, State Disciplinary Board, 2019-
- Vice Chair, State Disciplinary Board, 2018-2019
- Vice Chair, Investigative Panel, 2017-2018
- Member, Securities Law Committee
- Member, Business Corporation Code Committee
- Member, Business Law Section, Taxation Section, and Fiduciary Law Section
- Mentor: Transition into Law Practice Program
Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Business & Finance Section
- Member, Sole Practitioner & Small Firm Section
- Georgia Heirs Property Law Center – Founding Member of Board of Directors 2015-, Treasurer (2015-2018)
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts–Advisory Board Member & Volunteer
- Georgia Appleseed –Young Professionals Council, Executive Committee, President (2014 – 2015)
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta – Volunteer Attorney
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation – Volunteer Attorney
- The Florida Bar
Treasurer, Out of State Division, Executive Council (2014 – 2015)
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta – Member
Mr. Beardsley received his B.A. in English, magna cum laude, from Vanderbilt University in 1997, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D. from Washington & Lee University School of Law in 2001.
Mr. Beardsley began his legal career as a corporate associate in the New York City office of a large international law firm in 2001. His experience includes representation of businesses and individuals through various law firms and as in-house counsel.
Mr. Beardsley is admitted to practice law in Georgia, Florida, and New York.